2. How long have you been in love with music and when did you begin pursuing radio?
I’ve always been in love with music for as long as I can remember. At the age of 15 I started volunteering at WRRA 1290 am in the Virgin Islands with radio personality Mario Morehead and have been pursuing radio ever since. Krunkmaster Slik & I got our own mix show on 103.5 fm (Virgin Islands) in 2008. It was a syndicated show that was done here in Atlanta. I continued striving to reach the top and working non stop and made it on HOT 107.9 here in Atlanta in 2011.
Krunkmaster Slik 95.1 Virgin Islands
Dj Bill Black HOT 107.9 Atl
Posterchild J1 HOT 107.9 Atl
Hurricane Dave HOT 107.9 Atl
B-High HOT 107.9 Atl
Bobby Konders HOT 97 NY
Mario Moorhead 1290 AM Virgin Islands
Dj Kash v-103 Atl
Derek Harper MAGIC 107.5 97.5 Atl
David Martinez 103.5 Virgin Islands
Troy Brown 95.1 Virgin Islands
I came to Atlanta in 2008 when I transferred to Georgia Tech. In terms of my education and radio, I feel making the move to Atlanta was the best move I’ve ever made. Right now Atlanta is the main hub for the music industry. Atlanta is telling the rest of the U.S. who’s hot and who’s not. Being a dj on HOT 107.9, one of the largest radio stations in one of the largest markets in the U.S., is definitely influential on the direction my career goes. Being on the radio has opened a lot of doors for me and has allowed me to work closely with people I would have never imagined working with. To answer your question, I love being on the radio in Atlanta!
I’m definitely loving what I’m seeing in Atlanta. The women are beautiful here. In terms of relationships and dating, I am single. I don’t really do a lot of dating. Committed to the grind for now. I’ll invest some time in a relationship after I make my first million. For now I’ll just have friends lol.
When I’m not on the radio, I’m hosting mixtapes non-stop and killing clubs. Those 3 things take up 90% of my time. The other 10% of the time I’m watching Family Guy, Lost and Prison break on Netflix. Relaxing is my definition of fun.
I would have to say Mango’s Caribbean Resturant (180 Auburn Ave downtown). I was born and raised in the Virgin Islands. Eating there reminds me of home.
You can expect to see me djing in all the major clubs in Atl, hosting even more mixtapes, traveling internationally to dj and also keeping the airwaves turned all the way up on HOT 107.9 (Atlanta) and 103.5 (Virgin Islands)! The largest up-coming event for me is the 9th annual birthday bash for Krunkmaster Slik and I featuring Verse Simmonds in the Virgin Islands on June 2. Our birthday bash is always a movie!!!
Every Wednesday Afternoon 5 O’clock traffic jam HOT 107.9 (Atlanta)
Every Mon-Thursday 10-midnight and Saturday 9-midnight on 103.5fm (Virgin islands).
To download or listen to my mixtapes you can log on to http://www.jahlionsoundmovements.com
For Boookings 703-986-6590 or email@example.com